Guyette Oral Surgery Is Now Open To Serve You
Updated July 1st, 2020
Best wishes from the Guyette Facial & Oral Surgery Center, the offices of Dr. Robert Guyette and Dr. Mark Beehner. The COVID-19 pandemic has affected all aspects of our lives and for a period of time, resulting in the closure of our offices for all but emergency procedures. Thankfully, our offices are back open and we are treating all patients, including those with non-emergent needs. Although we are grateful and excited about returning to work, it is not the time to let down our guard.
For the safety of our patients and staff, we have kept Virtual Consults as something that will always be available at our offices. Schedule your virtual consult with either Dr. Guyette or Dr. Beehner and talk with them from the comfort of your own home. Call our offices today to set up your Virtual time.
We have carefully followed the progress of the pandemic and recommendations for minimizing its spread. Based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) and the Governor’s office we have formulated a plan that maximizes the safety of our patients, their families and our healthcare team. We have implemented many changes and would like to share them with you. As time passes and recommendations change, our protocols will also change. What will not change is our continued commitment to the safety of all.
- To minimize in-office time, when at all possible, patient registration paperwork should be completed online through our website prior to arriving at the office.
- Upon arrival at the Scottsdale office please call (480- 657-7065) or the Avondale office (623-512-4050) prior to entering.
- Any person, patient, or escort, that comes into the office will complete a COVID-19 exposure intake form.
- We request all individuals coming into the office to wear their own face mask.
- We will take the temperature of every person entering the office
- We have reduced the number of chairs in the waiting room. Each chair is set a minimum of 6 feet apart.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Staff will be cleaning chairs, the general waiting area, and bathroom routinely.
- Please bring your own reading material. There will be no magazines or books in the waiting area.
- No food is permitted in the waiting room.
- Whether it be a surgical procedure or a surgical consultation, we request only necessary individuals be present.
- If the patient is an adult, please come alone, have others wait in the car or outside.
- If the patient is a minor, only one escort. All others wait in the car or outside.
- Surgical and consultation appointments will be staggered to minimize the number of individuals in the waiting and surgical area.
- After any appointment, all equipment and areas will be thoroughly cleaned per our protocol.
- Temperatures and COVID-19 exposure intake forms will be completed by the entire staff daily.
- Any staff person feeling ill will stay home.
- CMS and CDC universal source guidelines will be followed by all staff.
- Masks will be worn in non-treatment and treatment areas.
- Regular hand washing and sanitizing.
- All staff will arrive at the office in regular personal clothing, change into work PPE, and upon completion of the day, change back into personal clothing. All scrubs (PPE) will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- Any staff member that comes in contact with a COVID-19 positive person or is being tested for COVID-19 will self-quarantine. They will not return to work without a note from their doctor.
As these protocols are an adjustment for us all, we thank you for your patience. In order to ease the transition, the following will also be available.
- If patient registration paperwork cannot be filled out online, other arrangements are possible.
- If needed, another individual can phone into a consultation via speakerphone to listen and ask questions.
- If an additional explanation of financial obligations, insurance, or options is needed, a follow-up phone call can be made.
- Virtual Consultations, with encrypted software, are always available at our offices. Schedule your virtual consult with either Dr. Guyette or Dr. Beehner and talk with them from the comfort of your own home.
- Call our offices today to set up your Virtual time.
The doctors and staff of the Guyette Facial and Oral Surgery Center appreciate the efforts made by all our citizens to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The practices of “social distancing,” “stay-in-place,” “self-quarantine,” and responsible use of critical materials is the reason Arizona has fewer infections to date than many other states. We also recognize the heroic efforts of the front-line health providers. It is a comfort to know that they are there if ever needed.
Dr. Robert Guyette, DMD, MD
Dr. Mark Beehner, DDS, MD