Tooth Extraction & Removal in Scottsdale & Avondale, AZ
Guyette Facial & Oral Surgery Center | Scottsdale & Avondale, Serving Greater Phoenix, AZ
Expert Tooth Extraction & Removal Services
At Guyette Facial & Oral Surgery Center, we understand that tooth extraction and removal can be a stressful experience for our patients. We strive to make the process as comfortable and stress-free as possible, while providing top-quality care in Scottsdale and Avondale, AZ.
Common Causes for Tooth Extractions
Tooth extraction or removal may be necessary for a variety of reasons, including:
- Severely decayed or damaged teeth that cannot be restored with a filling, crown, or other treatment
- Crowded or impacted teeth that are causing pain or affecting the alignment of other teeth
- Infection or abscess that cannot be treated with antibiotics or a root canal
- Periodontal (gum) disease that has caused the tooth to become loose
- Fractured or broken teeth that cannot be repaired
- Preparation for orthodontic treatment
In some cases, emergency tooth extraction or removal may be necessary due to sudden trauma, such as a sports injury or accident. Frequently, dental implants can be placed immediately after tooth removal to begin the reconstruction process.
Tooth Extraction Procedure
At Guyette Facial & Oral Surgery Center, we use state-of-the-art technology and techniques to ensure that tooth extraction procedures are safe and effective. Before the procedure, we will thoroughly evaluate your oral health and discuss any concerns or questions you may have. We will also discuss sedation options to ensure your comfort throughout the procedure.
During the procedure, our highly skilled oral surgeons will carefully remove the tooth or teeth, taking care to minimize any discomfort or pain. After the procedure, we will provide detailed instructions for tooth extraction aftercare and healing.
Should You Consider Replacing Teeth After Extraction?
See What People Are Saying
What Type of Tooth Extraction Aftercare Is Needed?
After tooth extraction or removal, it is important to follow proper aftercare instructions to ensure proper healing and prevent complications. This may include:
- Applying an ice pack to the affected area to reduce swelling and discomfort
- Avoiding solid foods for the first few days and sticking to soft, easy-to-chew foods
- Using pain medication and antibiotics as prescribed
- Avoiding smoking or using tobacco products
- Avoiding drinking through a straw or spitting excessively, as these actions can dislodge the blood clot and delay healing
Our team at Guyette Facial & Oral Surgery Center will provide detailed instructions for tooth extraction aftercare and healing to ensure a smooth recovery.